The Chamber has a long history of providing support and assistance to the area, all of which resulted from the numerous fundraising initiatives undertaken. These include:
- Built the First Community Hall - to encourage people and businesses to stay in town after the third great fire of Bruce Mines the Chamber was instrumental in raising money and fully funding the construction of the first Community Hall.
- Centennial Arena - raised money for the construction of the Centennial Arena at the fair grounds in co-operation with the Town of Bruce Mines and the Township of Plummer Additional - the Chamber paid 1/3 of the construction costs.
- Sulky Races - Sponsored the building of the racetrack and betting booth at the Fair Grounds for Sulky Races.
- Lookout Point - raised money for the development of “Lookout Point” at the bluff next to todays' library.
- Snowbirds Air Show - sponsored the Snowbirds Aircraft Show over Bruce Mines when Sault Ste. Marie turned down the offer to sponsor the air show.
- Annual Citizen of the Year Dinner - for 35 years from 1985 to 2020 the Chamber organized and held Annual Citizen of the Year events. Hosted and led by Master of Ceremonies Larry Peterson, the Citizen of the Year recognized and honoured long serving members of the community.
- Four & Friends Art Show & Sale - for over 25 years the Chamber ran the Four & Friends Art Show and Sale attracting art lovers from all of the Province of Ontario. This annual event was under the direction of the late president Brian Torrance.
- Highway Signs - Creation of Highway Signs - east and west promoting the Town - several different styles have been created and installed over the years.
- Mine Trail - development of the Historic Mine Trail system and signage - a beautiful hiking/ walking trail that allows visitors to step back in history and experience Bruce Mines the way it was.
- Representation - both formal & informal on a number of action groups and committees:
Algoma Workforce Investment Committee - 2008 - www.awic.ca
Community In Action - 2009
Community Workshop to help create an Economic Development Strategic Plan for Bruce Mines and Plummer Twp. - 2011
Geothermal Energy Study Report
Town Master Plan - participation with recommendations + suggestions for the final design of the Community Hall.
- Organising events -in addition to the above the Chamber has also organised:
Trade Fairs - 2007, 2008, 2009
Christmas Craft Fair - 2009
Canada Day Celebrations - numerous years
Copper Country Snowfest - 2007, 2008
Copper Country Christmas - 2009
“Just Because You Are Worth It”- 2008
“It’s All About Christmas” - 2008
Christmas Mix & Mingle - 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
Christmas Decoration Contest - numerous years
Ken MacDougal Film Night - 2009
Chamber Photo Contest - 2009
“Business of the Month” - 2011
North Channel Geocache - 2011
Meet the Municipal Candidates - 2014, 2018 and 2022
“After 6" gatherings - 2017
Tom Thomson - Moments of Algoma - Group of 7 Painter - 2017
Creation of Little Lighthouse Free Library - 2019
- Supporting/Promoting/Donating - to numerous events and activities over the years:
Cruisin’ Car show
SnoGylders Snow Mobile Club
Algoma SnoPlan signage + map
Northern Opry - 2009, 2010
Royal Canadian Legion
Canadian Vettes for Vets - 2011
Lions Club Convention in SSM - 2008
Sylvan Circle Artist & Artisan Tour
The Rydal Bank Historical Society
The Bruce Mines & District Historical Society
Simpson Mine Shaft
Algoma-Manitoulin Youth Enterprise Camp.-2010
Healthy Communities - 2011
Ungated Tourism Attraction - Copper Miner Sculpture - 2011
CASS - Business Student Scholarship Fund
And we are not finished yet!!!